Hiring A Roofer
Things you should know when hiring a roofing contractor:
The following are things you should ask before hiring a roofing contractor:
Are they Licensed and Insured?
- Unlicensed roofers can leave you with an unfinished job and nowhere to turn.
- Uninsured roofers can damage your home and leave you with the mess and cost of repair.
How can I find out if they are Licensed?
- Ask for a copy of their license.
- Check with the Department of Business and Professional Regulations for the status of their license.
- Check the Better Business Bureau for complaints.
How can I find out if they are Insured?
Ask for a copy of their certificate of insurance for BOTH General Liability and Workman’s Compensation with your name and property address listed as the Certificate Holder.
References or referrals are good ways to find a reputable roofing contractor.
How long is their labor warranty?
How long have they been in business?
What is their weather policy? What do they do if it rains while they are doing your roof?
Will they be pulling a permit for your project?
All of these things will ensure you are hiring a Licensed and Insured roofing contractor and that you will have some security in knowing the local and state governments are monitoring their work habits.